Powered By Blogger

May 10, 2012

Amaya's Assessment


Yesterday morning Amaya, Ate Arielle and I went to Silvercrest for Amaya's assessment so that we could know if she will be in preparatory due to her age (she is 5 years old) or will start at kindergarten. So Tr. Johnel Aguilera attended to her. He brought her to the playroom/library for the kids. The assessment took 20 minutes. When they came back, Tr. Johnel and I talked. He told me that when it comes to verbal and conversation, numbers, Amaya is doing a great job. But she is not yet that familiar with the letters and is not yet good in writing.

Tr. Johnel told me that there 3 types of learner: THE VISUAL LEARNER, AUDITORY LEARNER and THE KINESTHETIC LEARNER. Amaya belongs to the 3rd group. Meaning that she could focus on 2 different things at the same time. I have learned a lot from the explanations of Tr. Johnel. He told me that I should be the one to adjust to Amaya instead of the other way around. If that will be the case ndi din naman ma-aabsorb ni Amaya yung tinuturo ko if I will pursue what I want. This is not SPOILING her, it is just her needs when it comes to learning is some what different from other kids her age.
So when I got home yesterday, I google what is really a KINESTHETIC LEARNER and here is what I found in Wikipedia.

KINESTHETIC LEARNING - is a learning style in which learning takes place by the student actually carrying out a physical activity rather that listening to a lecture or merely watching a demonstration. It is also referred to as TACTILE LEARNING. People with kinesthetic learning style are also commonly known as doers. These type of learners make about 5% of the population.

So right now instead of the basic up-down, straight lines and others that I her to learn, I might have to teach her how to write the letters and numbers already. Whew! I believe patience and understanding will have to be my best buddies in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.