Powered By Blogger

November 22, 2012

The Time Keeper: My Favorite Quotes

     So the last post I talked about my current favorite book, The Time Keeper. In every book that I read, or we read, there will be those lines that will really stands out and that will remain in our heads. What I usually do is I have a stabilo or marker beside me so that I could underline or mark those lines that I really love.


just like in the photo... this is
what I usually do. hehehe!



 
     From this book, let me share with you my favorite lines or quotes...

- " Man alone measures time.
    Man alone chimes the hour.
   And, because of this, man 
  Alone suffers a paralyzing fear
  That no other creature endures.
  A fear of time running out..."

- "Mankind is connected in ways 
   it does not understand -
  even in dreams..."

- "It is never too late or too soon.
   It is when it is supposed to be."

- "You marked the minutes. But did you
   Use them wisely? To be still? To cherish?
   To be graceful? To lift & be lifted?"

- "Remember this always:
 There is a reason God limits man's days"

- "But man who can take
   Anything will find most things unsatisfying.
  And a man without memories is just a shell."

- "Time flies with you"

- "We all yearn for what we have lost.
   But sometimes, we forget what we have."

- "What will you do with the time you have left?"

- "A heart weighs more when it splits in two;
   It crashes in the chest like a broken plane"

- "Knowing something and understanding it
   were not the same thing."

- "Living without love was something he knew
   More than any soul on earth"

- "When does it stop hurting?
   Sometimes never..."

- "Time is not something you give back. The very
    next moment may be an answer to your prayer.
   To deny that is to deny the most important part
   Of the future. What's that? HOPE"

- "Ends are for yesterdays, not tomorrows."

- "With endless time, nothing is special, 
    With no loss or sacrifice, we can't 
    Appreciate what we have."

- "There is a reason God limits our days.
    Why?
    To make each one precious"

- "There was always a quest for more minutes,
    More hours, faster progress to accomplish,
   More in each day. The simple joy of living 
   Between sunrises were gone."

- "Everything man does today to be efficient,
   To fill the hour? It does not satisfy. It only makes
  Him hungry to do more. Man wants to own his
  Existence. BUT NO ONE OWNS TIME."

- "We do not realize the sound the world makes -
    Unless, of course, it comes to a stop. Then, when
   It starts, it sounds like an orchestra."

- Dor: "I tried to stop your suffering"
  Alli: "We cannot stop what heaven chooses"

- "TIME FLIES"

How about you? Have you read the book? What are your favorites? Can't wait to hear it from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.