Powered By Blogger

September 23, 2011

Lice...Lice...Lice

A few weeks ago I saw my second daughter, Joie, scratching her head constantly. So I immediately got a lice comb (or a fine toothed combed) to check if hse has any lice. And whoa, I was able to get a lot of it. I really don't know why every time classes begins, both of my girls, usually have these lice.
So what is a lice? Lice are tiny wrinkles, parasitic insects that feed on the skin. These creatures are not known to transmit diseases and do not have lasting effects. But they are annoying, they develop on the scalp. Lice jumps or crawls onto the scalp from brushes, combs, hair accessories, hats, pillows, and towels.
So what one can do if he/she has a head lice?

1. Use medicated shampoo to kill the lice. As for me, I usually use Kwell for the kids. Then dry the hair thoroughly, then remove all dead lice and nits with a fine-toothed comb(lice comb, SUYOD in tagalog)

2. Soak all brushes, combs and hair accessories in a lice shampoo for several hours then wash them thoroughly.

3. And importanly, AVOID sharing your personal items with other people.

As for me, I usually let my kids get a hair cut after I have treated them with the medicated shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.