Powered By Blogger

September 13, 2011

My Point of View


This morning the Ms. Universe 2011 was held at Sao Paulo in Brazil. Proud to say that Ms. Philippines made it to the Top 5 and was ranked 3rd Runner-up in the said pageant. The question raced by judge Viveca A. Fox was: Would you change your religious beliefs to marry someone with opposite view? And Ms. Philippines replied: No, because the first person I love is God, who created me...if that person loves me he should love my God too. Well said... I thought she will win the crown but instead she went with 3rd runner up. It's okay, there is nothing we could do about it.

If that question will be asked to any of you, how will you answer it? Me? Schooled at Catholic schools led by sisters and priest/brothers, I would have answered the same way. I wouldn't trade my religious beliefs for anyone else because this IS MY belief. But what if it was the other way around? Just thinking, will the men change their beliefs to marry the woman they love? Just wondering though.

To Ms. Philippines, Shamcey Supsup, you did a great job. Congratulations. For us Filipinos, you're our Ms. Universe 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.