Powered By Blogger

October 7, 2011

What's My day like?

Coming from a low middle income family, it was my decision to be a stay at home mom. I decided to become a stay at home mom since I got married and started to have kids. Though it was a difficult decision for me to be a stay-at-home mother since I am a college graduate and could have a career that I really want to BUT I still chose to be the one to look after the needs of my kids as well as my husband. I took care of my kids since they were born up to now that my two older daughters are 13 and 12 and the youngest will be turning 5 on December.
So what is my day like? I usually wake up at 5:00 in the morning during school days. While every weekend and vacations i wake up at 7:00 in the morning. I cook breakfast for my daughters who goes to school. I make sure that all they need are prepared already. From their uniforms, their snacks/packed lunch, shoes are all ready. After they leave, I usually eat my breakfast "ALONE" which I really prefer because I consider this as my " me time" before I do all the chores for the day.
When my youngest daughter and husband wakes up, I made sure I cook and prepare their breakfast as well. Lately, Amaya has a thing for pancakes. After I am done with cooking and washing of the dishes, time to clean the house. I am thankful that the house we are staying right now is not that big so it is easier to clean and maintain it. From the sala, to the bedrooms then the kitchen and lastly the bathroom. Whew.
After cleaning the whole house time for me to do the laundry, especially the uniforms of my daughters and that of my hubby's. I usually iron the clothes every weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.
After I have done all of my chores, I usually take a break, hey I deserve it after doing a lot of work. Then just before lunch I make sure that Amaya has taken her bath and then lunch for both of us. I usually take my bath in the afternoons when Amaya is taking her siesta. Then time for me to browse the net, play my favorite game bejeweled at Facebook and blog.
When kids arrive from school, usually at 5:00 in the afternoon, time for me to help them in anyway I can in their homeworks/assignments. Then time to prepare and eat dinner. And the last agenda before we sleep is watching our current favorite teleserye, 100 Days to Heaven over at channel 2.

And as I end my day, I never forget to say a short but meaningful prayer:
"Thank you Lord for this day. Amen"

Whew, what a day right?! How about you, what is your day like?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.